The HVNA is having our monthly meeting this Thursday, October 24 7pm-8:30pm at the Hayes Valley Playground Clubhouse (Hayes and Buchanan). The agenda will include:
1) Market & Haight Streets Transit and Pedestrians Improvement Project, Lisa Chow and Jay Lu - SF Municipal Transportation Agency
- Topics will include project benefits, scope of work, new transit configurations, construction timeline, the mitigation plans during construction and community outreach
2) Outdoor Air Quality Legislation, Karen Cohn, MS, CIH, Program Manager - SF Department of Public Health
- The Planning Department is proposing strengthening laws regarding outdoor air quality in and around Hayes Valley and the Western Addition, among other neighborhoods defined by the Air Pollutant Exposure Zone.
3) PROXY, the Next Steps, Douglas Burnham - envelope a+d
- Proxy was granted a new seven-year lease on their Hayes and Octavia interim use site that creatively uses shipping containers for a variety of commercial spaces. There are plans for new developments on this lot. Architect Douglas Burnham will describe what’s in store for the new year and beyond.