The HVNA is having our monthly meeting this Thursday, May 23 from 7pm-8:30pm at the HV Playground Clubhouse (Hayes and Buchanan Streets). Topics include cultural events, LGBT Pride, Juneteenth, and committee updates. Hear presentations on:
- New Conservatory Theater - Ed Decker, Executive Director. Ed will speak about the the New Conservatory Theater’s current season and the state of LGBT theater. We welcome New Conservatory Theater as one of the long established art organizations that is new to HVNA’s expanded boundaries.
- African American Art and Culture Complex - Kimberly Hayes, Executive Director. We’ve welcomed her at the AAACC and in the Hayes Valley Voice. Now we are happy to host the new executive director of the AAACC on our home turf. Come hear what Kimberly has planned for this excellent arts organization.
- Afro-Futurism: Envisioning the Year 2070 and Beyond, Kheven LaGrone, curator. In a new exhibition at the San Francisco Main Library, artists respond to the question of what the future of the African American consciousness will be. Preview this work with some of the invited participating artists Tomye, Durrell Owens, Safety First ©, Nyame Brown, and James M. Kennedy.
The HVNA Public Safety Committee is having their next meeting this Monday, May 6 at 7pm in the Korean American Center (745 Buchanan). The topic of discussion will be how the residents can help the Police Department when situations like the Boston Bombings happen in San Francisco. What should people do and what should they not do? With parades along Market Street and with the Bay to Breakers running right thru the heart of Hayes Valley this is an important discussion. Captain Greg McEachern will provide literature and will lead the discussion of what residents can do to help.
The HVNA is having our monthly meeting this Thursday (4/25) 7pm at the Hayes Valley Playground Clubhouse (Hayes and Buchanan Streets). The agenda includes:
1. Bay to Breakers – Angel Fang, This is the 101st year of this San francisco Tradition. While noted as a fun run, it is actually a USA Track and Field certified 12K run. Craigslist is the new sponsor.
2. Hayes Valley Farmers’ Market – James Cochran, Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association – PCFMA, HVNA, and the Hayes Valley Merchants Association bring this farmers’ market to you on Octavia between Hayes and Ivy Streets.
3. Housing Rights Committee of San Francisco – Peter Cohen and Tommi Avicolli Mecca, The San Francisco Board of Supervisors will be taking up the issue of tenants-in-common (TIC) to condo conversions in May. Hear what the HRCSF has to say about this.
4. 450 Hayes Street. - Mark MacDonald from DM Development (co-developer with DDG) and Glenn Rescalvo, Handel Architects, They will present their work for a residential building at 450 Hayes St., one of the most prominent of the freeway parcels that were created after the demolition of the central freeway.
5. Hayes Valley Fire Brunch – HVNA Board, The third annual Hayes Valley Fire Brunch is on again. It commemorates the fire that started in Hayes Valley after the 1906 earthquake.
The Hayes The Hayes Valley Neighborhood Association is holding our monthly community meeting this Thursday (3/28), from 7:00PM – 8:30PM at the Hayes Valley Playground Clubhouse (Corner of Hayes and Buchanan Streets).
Meeting topics include:
- Introducing new Parks and Greening Committee
- Ham and Eggs Breakfast/Fundraiser
- Earth Day
We hope to see you there!
The Hayes Valley Neighborhood Association is holding our monthly community meeting this Thursday (2/28), from 7:00PM – 8:30PM at the Hayes Valley Playground Clubhouse (Corner of Hayes and Buchanan Streets).
Our HVNA has a history of active involvement in many fields — come learn more and get involved!
This month we will hold our yearly Board elections. Plus, we will hear presentations from our committees, including:
- Transportation and Planning – Jason Henderson
- Public Safety – Bob Barnwell
- Business Relations – Larry Cronander
- Arts, Culture and Entertainment – Bill Bulkley
- Parks / Agriculture / Greening – Jay Rosenburg
- Communications – Murrey Nelson
Join the HVNA tonight 7pm for a public safety meeting at the Korean American Center (745 Buchanan). We will facilitate an open discussion with the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office. Assistant District Attorney Marc Massarweh will discuss recently enacted laws in 2012 and 2013, including the newly reformed Three Strikes policy. There will also be an update on the Neighborhood Courts program. Finally, Lt. Brian Delahunty, who manages night watch at Northern Police Station, can answer your questions about recent police activity in the area.
Please join the HVNA for our monthly community meeting this Thursday (1/24), 7pm-8:30pm, at the Hayes Valley Playground Clubhouse (Hayes and Buchanan St.). We are happy to have newly elected Supervisor London Breed as our special guest. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet our Supervisor and hear her vision for the City.
The HVNA hosts our first public safety meeting of 2013 this Monday (Jan. 7), 7pm at the Korean American Center (745 Buchanan).
Meet the new leader of Northern Station Captain Greg McEachern to discuss our community’s goals for safety in 2013. Plus, we will discuss important phone numbers to have at the ready, in case of an emergency.
Finally, join us as we say goodbye and thank Captain Ann Mannix for her over 3 years of exceptional leadership at Northern Station. We wish her only the best in the future!
The HVNA will have our monthly meeting next Thursday 7pm-8:30pm at Salle Piano, which is located at 1632 C Market St. (across Rose St. from Zuni Cafe). Please note the new meeting location. Stop early to enjoy pre-meeting music and food. Our meeting agenda is listed below. include:
• Introduction and announcements – Murrey Nelson, HVNA president
• New Member Spotlight: Sherri Young, from the African American Shakespeare Company, will discuss the new season
• SFJAZZ Center January Grand Opening Celebration in Hayes Valley – Mount Allen
• Cal Poly Student presentations on Parcel O – Thomas Jones/Robin Levitt
• Intermission – View student boards – music and food
• Student presentation and feedback – Thomas Jones/Robin Levitt
Hayes Valley Community Clubhouse (via Architizer)
Join us for the monthly HVNA community meeting Thursday, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm at the Hayes Valley Playground Clubhouse (corner of Hayes and Buchanan).
This Month’s Meeting Topics:
- Fostering a Safe and Caring Holiday Season – Community Partners United
Richard Johnson will provide an update on community events from Halloween through Christmas.
- Hayes Valley Farmer’s Market
Discussion of potential farmer’s market in Hayes Valley.