Tonight, 6pm-9pm: Our 21st Hayes Valley Holiday Block Party!
Enjoy local shopping, discounts, entertainment, and refreshments. Say “hi” at our table on Patricia’s Green, enjoy hot chocolate / apple cider. Plus, enter our silent auction!
- 2 San Francisco Ballet Tickets (value $130)
- 2 San Francisco Symphony Tickets ($176)
- 11 Class Pass at Yoga Tree ($185)
- 1 Nights Stay for two at the Parsonage ($220)
- Market Street Cycles Biria 7 speed Lady’s Bike ($450)
- 2 Tickets Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra ($100)
- Eye Exam at Through the Hayes Optometry ($150)
- American Bach Soloists Handel’ s Messiah ($156)
- 2 McRoskey Mattress Pillows ($300)
- Gift Certificate to Laundry Locker ($75)
- 2 Tickets to Gay Men’s Chorus ($120)
- 2 Bike Tours by Streets of San Francisco ($130)
- A basket of Goods from Hayes Valley Farm ($50)
- Quilt from In Bed with HD Buttercup ($300)
- Gift Certificate for Fatted Calf ($50)
- SF JAZZ Concert Tickets ($150)
- 4 Part Package “Weekend in Hayes Hayes”
Tonight, 6pm-8pm, the African American Art & Culture Complex (762 Fulton St) hosts their first “Meet the Artist” series. William Rhodes is the featured artist, known for his unique non-Western perspective on art, furniture, and sculpture. The event will be held in the Sargent Johnson Gallery on the 1st Floor.
Join us this Friday (12/7), 6pm-9pm, for the 21st Annual Hayes Valley Holiday Party. The event is sponsored by the HVNA, Hayes Valley Merchant’s Association, Community Partners United, and many local businesses.
Get your holiday shopping done in one night! Neighborhood stores will stay open with lots of sales, food, and drink. Plus, enjoy entertainment on Patricia’s Green and enter the silent auction.
The HVNA will have our monthly meeting next Thursday 7pm-8:30pm at Salle Piano, which is located at 1632 C Market St. (across Rose St. from Zuni Cafe). Please note the new meeting location. Stop early to enjoy pre-meeting music and food. Our meeting agenda is listed below. include:
• Introduction and announcements – Murrey Nelson, HVNA president
• New Member Spotlight: Sherri Young, from the African American Shakespeare Company, will discuss the new season
• SFJAZZ Center January Grand Opening Celebration in Hayes Valley – Mount Allen
• Cal Poly Student presentations on Parcel O – Thomas Jones/Robin Levitt
• Intermission – View student boards – music and food
• Student presentation and feedback – Thomas Jones/Robin Levitt
Celebrate Thanksgiving early at the 9th Annual Giving Voice to the Season Thanksgiving Dinner! The event takes place Saturday (11/17) 12pm-3pm at John Muir Elementary Auditorium (380 Webster St. at Oak). For more information contact Tulsi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-749-2714. The event is sponsored by the Western Addition Beacon Center, Community Partners United, and Mo’ Magic.
The Hayes Valley Neighborhood – HVNA Board wants to remind you that it supports Proposition B on the November ballot.
Proposition B includes the renovation of Margaret Hayward Playground in our neighborhood at the corner of Laguna and Golden Gate, which HVNA has been working to renovate for many years. Prop B will fund those renovations and ensure the park is clean and safe for the community.
Proposition B, the 2012 Clean and Safe Neighborhood Parks Bond on this November’s ballot will help the City tackle over $1 billion in infrastructure needs throughout our vast park and playground network.
You can learn more about Prop B at www.yesforparks.com.
Koshland Park (courtesy of CommunityGrows)
Join your neighbors at the Koshland Garden workday, Sat. 11am-2pm, at Koshland Park (corner of Page & Buchanan Sts.). Volunteers will be planting fruit trees, mulching, planting veggies, composting and more! Please bring your own water, although juice and snacks are provided. To learn more, contact CommunityGrows at (415) 424-5770 or via email: email@example.com.
Map of District 5 (via Wikipedia)
The San Francisco Parks Alliance, Walk San Francisco and Friends of the Urban Forest are hosting a forum, From Streets to Parks: Safer, Greener Public Space for District 5 candidates tonight. This event runs from 6pm-8pm at the Hamilton Recreation Center (1900 Geary Blvd).
You can download an event flier here.
Hayes Valley Community Clubhouse (via Architizer)
Join us for the monthly HVNA community meeting Thursday, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm at the Hayes Valley Playground Clubhouse (corner of Hayes and Buchanan).
This Month’s Meeting Topics:
- Fostering a Safe and Caring Holiday Season – Community Partners United
Richard Johnson will provide an update on community events from Halloween through Christmas.
- Hayes Valley Farmer’s Market
Discussion of potential farmer’s market in Hayes Valley.
It’s exciting to see Hayes Valley, alive with activity on this beautiful October evening. One day next year (?) it will be great to see SFJAZZ activated…but for now, it is exciting to see the building progress.