As you may know, the interim-use agreement for Hayes Valley Farm will expire this summer.
The farm sits on two of the former Central Freeway parcels, Parcel O and Parcel P.
There are a number of Central Freeway parcels slated to be converted into Affordable Housing units, including Parcel O.
These projects were managed by Redevelopment Agency, which has recently been dissolved.
The Mayor’s Office of Housing is now responsible for managing these housing projects.
Come to the next Hayes Valley Community meeting to find out more about the future of the Farm and join the discussion!
Thursday, April 26, 2012
7:00pm at Hayes Valley Playground
ALSO: At this weeks meeting – we will have a number of discussions relating to our Hayes Valley environment.
Three short discussions to begin:
1. Isabel Wade presents the Just One Tree project
2. Hayes Valley Farm and the board’s recent vote of support of their continued interest in Parcel O
3. Gail Baugh Planting at Hayes Valley Playground
Our three main topics are:
1. The Better Market Street Plan – presented By Kris Opbroek, DPW
2. Street Tree Care and Responsibility, DPW Urban Forestry, Friends of the Urban Forest (FUF) , District 5 Supervisor Olague (or her representative)
3. Street Trees on Hayes Street. What species to infill? – Hayes Valley Landscape Architect Marta Fry