The HVNA is having our monthly meeting this Thursday (4/25) 7pm at the Hayes Valley Playground Clubhouse (Hayes and Buchanan Streets). The agenda includes:
1. Bay to Breakers – Angel Fang, This is the 101st year of this San francisco Tradition. While noted as a fun run, it is actually a USA Track and Field certified 12K run. Craigslist is the new sponsor.
2. Hayes Valley Farmers’ Market – James Cochran, Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association – PCFMA, HVNA, and the Hayes Valley Merchants Association bring this farmers’ market to you on Octavia between Hayes and Ivy Streets.
3. Housing Rights Committee of San Francisco – Peter Cohen and Tommi Avicolli Mecca, The San Francisco Board of Supervisors will be taking up the issue of tenants-in-common (TIC) to condo conversions in May. Hear what the HRCSF has to say about this.
4. 450 Hayes Street. – Mark MacDonald from DM Development (co-developer with DDG) and Glenn Rescalvo, Handel Architects, They will present their work for a residential building at 450 Hayes St., one of the most prominent of the freeway parcels that were created after the demolition of the central freeway.
5. Hayes Valley Fire Brunch – HVNA Board, The third annual Hayes Valley Fire Brunch is on again. It commemorates the fire that started in Hayes Valley after the 1906 earthquake.